International Youth Recommendations
In 2014, Youth to End Sexual Violence published The International Youth Recommendations to End Sexual Violence in Conflict, following the conclusion of the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict. The Recommendations encapsulated the four original focus points of Youth to End Sexual Violence:
- 1.) Improving the Use of Evidence and Data;
- 2.) Sexual Violence against Men and Boys;
- 3.) The Vulnerabilities of Women and Children;
- 4.) Prevention, Protection, and Response Strategies.
Since the Draft Recommendations, our focus has evolved to accommodate five key issues that we believe are at the heart of sexual violence in conflict:
- 1.) Improving the use of Evidence and Data;
- 2.) Sexual Violence against Women and Girls (including FGM and Child Marriage);
- 3.) Sexual Violence against Men and Boys;
- 4.) Sexual Violence against Especially Vulnerable Persons (including the disabled, LGBT youth, orphans, and children born from rape);
- 5.) Reassessing the Role of Youth and Civil Society.
To access the full text of the recommendations click here.